If you enter this blog and you see the blog archive, you are going to wonder, what happened in 2012?
As I announced in previous posts, I moved to Tsukuba City, in Japan, and I started working in the Computer Vision Laboratory at the University of Tsukuba.
This work took most of my time, and I was so busy that I had to put the blog apart for a little while...
Now, after working at CVLAB for almost 2 years, my project has finally been completed, and I have some time to take the blog back and continue where I left it :)
In this post, I would like to make a little abstract of what I've been up to in this last year without news. Then, I will make new posts with all the unseen works I have been doing, so you can be up to date!!
I would also like to take the chance to make soon a new blog template, because I have been using the same on since 2011!
But lets start step by step now...What has happened lately?
- I was offered the chance of making a Graphic design online course for the Polytechnic University of Valencia's CFP.
- I entered the Computer Vision Laboratory at the University of Tsukuba, CVLAB.
AUGUST 2011 - JANUARY 2012:
- I modelled the scene for the "New Tsukuba Dataset", texturing all the objects, setting the stereo camera, and the lights in order to complete the first stage of the project.
- Rendered the first illumination and the depthmap.
- Made video promotion for the dataset in After Effects.
- Went to Senday for the PRMU 2012 workshop, published a paper there and presented the "N.T.S.D.S." in the poster sessions.
APRIL 2012 - OCTOBER 2012:
- Added 3 new illuminations to the dataset, and obtained the 4 maps of Displacement, disparity, discontinuity and occlusion.
- Finished the dataset and pack it on a DVD and online link, ready for distribution.
- In the middle of this I created several head and hand models, textured and rigged for the various experiments of the CVLAB.
- Designed new CVLAB web interface, Power Point templates and logo.
- Freelance design for a languaje academy located in Spain.
- Published paper for TrakMark 2012 workshop and did oral presentation of the "N.T.S.D.S." at ICPR 2012.
|CVLAB team at ICPR 2012: Kazuhiro Fukui, Sarah Martull, |
Martin Peris, Atsuto Maki & Yasuhiro Ohkawa
- Designed the new web for the International Student Center of the University of Tsukuba (will be online from April 2013)
From JANUARY 2013 until now:
- Make a variation of the "New Tsukuba Stereo Dataset" applied for egomotion.This dataset will be completed soon, and released via the CVLAB's web, as the one before.
- After completing the "N.T.S.D.S.", I proposed a new dataset similar to the previous, this time of outdoor environments, with different weather conditions.This project was planned to be rendered using VUE's powerful weather and atmospheric capabilities.Unfortunately, the project period was set until March 2013, and this project will have to remain uncompleted for now. Anyhow, I would like to continue it on my free time if I have any! I will keep you posted about this matter...
- Created animated icons for MyBrana. (Freelance designing is still on!)
After OCTOBER 2013...
I'll be looking for a new job... Let's see what happens!!
On the mean time, feel free to contact me for graphic designs or CG related projects! Sama-Sama-Studio still does on line freelance works, so if you have something in mind I'm looking forward to hear from you!